Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer!

The longest day of the year...when 9:00 p.m. feels as if it is 6:00 p.m.   When the sun sets through my window as I fall asleep.  When time seems to stand still -- for a moment.  Happy Summer! Get out the watermelon & ready a bowl full -- waiting & uncovered in the fridge.  Shoes - why?  Ceiling fans running & light crisp sheets.  A quilt on the clothesline.  Grab the last of the clearance geraniums to replace the pansies.  Marvel at the straight rows of corn working to be knee high soon.  The lists of projects set aside for summer is pulled out again:  Ready the barn for the fall sale.  Paint the trim on the house.  Cut down the two trees that have said "good bye".  Weed the gardens.  But for today -- celebrate the solstice -- summer. sigh.

1 comment:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

My cup is half full, my cup is half full, my cup is half full....remind myself that a minute less of sun tonight is O.K.

My cup runneth over.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...