Friday, November 25, 2011

tick tick tick tick tick

Every year, as soon as the Thanksgiving leftovers are tucked sort of neatly
into the fridge, it feels like the timer is set, the whistle is blown,
and we are off.....

the race has begun to Christmas

And, every year I vow to keep it all in perspective,
to not make insurmountable lists....

but then these little thoughts creep into my mind:
how about a candy cane theme in the kitchen?
hmmm - could I really do just white in the living room - tree too?
what about a few lit up deer in the orchard?
And
 before I know it, I have mounted the sugar plum pony---and
we are off to Christmas! 
Hang on & enjoy the ride...

tick tick tick tick tick

3 comments:

Artful Gathering said...

I can't wait to see what you dream up.

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Yesterday I took my first steps to xmas, wrapped up my mothers and sisters gifts. I have to think early as nearly all of my relative are in England and I am in the USA. Look forward to hearing more about your Christmas happenings.

Lorraine :-}

pat said...

Oh how very true.. that ticking away of the ever-present and precious time.. where does all that time go, especially at this time of year..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...