Wednesday, June 20, 2012

my boy

Ian is home...for a few days.

He & I spent last night tooling around IKEA & The Mall of America....this from two non-shoppers. But we had such fun, such fun. Frozen yogurt topped with berries of every kind at Freeziac, wandering thru the Lego store, trying to out-think the elevator & the big carts at IKEA, moving one level to the next on the hunt for a certain baseball cap at the mall, dinner at Ruby Tuesday.

I am at that place where my boy is a young man, on his own...with all these wonderful traits that make me not only love him, but like him a whole lot. He always offers a kind word or a thanks, his smile comes easily, and he makes me laugh so - (and his first choice in food includes vegetables of every sort).

My only regret last night was that we didn't board the Ninja ride-oh to ride the skies of the Mall of America with a turtle shell at my back, flying with my son at my side.......another day.

Here, for a repeat performance is my Ian's Memory Jar: Legos, hockey puck, Ninja Turtle, his first shoes...my boy!





5 comments:

Cheryl in Wisconsin said...

Ian has awesome parents, and his parents have an awesome son. True gifts in both directions.

What, no meatballs at IKEA?

Pendleton Primitives said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time. Love the memory jar idea, we may have to do that with our kiddos.
~Christina

prims by olde lady morgan said...

What Wonderful time!!! Ah the ninja turtles... I remember those days too! OLM

sweetvintageofmine said...

There is something about a MOTHERS LOVE! My son has been with me some the last 3 days, it's been very enjoyable. He is 20 yrs old, but you still can't help seeing them as your "little boy" From one sweetie to another... Roxie

Sisters Treasures said...

Kari, what special moments you had with your son that can be stored away to recall whenever. It is truly a blessing to have a son who likes to hang out with his mom.
Betsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...