Sunday, January 29, 2012

just a little birthday wish...


I used to be the queen of birthdays...back in the old days, before email, before Facebook birthday reminders, before iPad calendar alerts. Every month I would ready cards to mail, wrap gifts, think about ways to recognize the day...certainly kept my local card shop in business. Just the other day I was getting my calendar all set for this new year, realizing that far fewer birthdays are there...not that any are less important, just somehow they got lost in life. So picture my hand held out with 365 balloons...one for each day of the year. Please take one for your day...and know that it is special. And today I also offer out 24 birthday wishes for my son, Ian....my whole world, it begins & ends with you. Happy Birthday my sweet boy. xxoo mom

2 comments:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

This will be the very first year I won't be with my son on his day...but it will still be his & mine too. Love covers distance with remarkable speed.

Town and Country Gals said...

Kari,
January is a good mo for birthdays! My son turned 26 on the 23rd. Happy Birthday to you and him!
Rebecca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...