Thursday, September 24, 2015

good bye dear Rosie

This evening I buried my three year old kitten, August Rose, in our apple orchard.
Rosie had lived a full three years...born under our chicken coop.  At 8 months she had 
been found with a shattered pelvic bone followed by six weeks in a carrier on our porch 
as she miraculously healed.  Two years ago she became a house cat...taking me through
my breast cancer journey.  She lived with & then through the loss of our
two older cats, Shawnee & McCoy.  This past spring she welcomed a new kitten,
Lucy Lily, into our home.  She had been quite sick this past month.  This morning, after 
a second trip to the vet, she took her last breath at her farm...with Dave, Lucy & me at her
side.  She was a cat, but she was more than that.  To me, she was courage...sweet, gentle 
courage.  Tears for a cat, again.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...