Sunday, January 27, 2013

my plans for the short term

Books...I am rediscovering books.
Spending far too much on pages of words, but relishing every moment, every dime.

My current book of choice is Visiting Tom by Michael Perry
     (yes, Jani, I am finally reading it).
As this story unfolds within a 10 mile radius of my farm, the words are known. Osseo, Fall Creek, Stockmans, haymows, tree lines.....words in my current vocabulary are sprinkled through this book. Although fairly new memories to me, they are still mine.

Next on my agenda, Team of Rivals.

A cold day, warm quilt & good book...doesn't get much better than this.

What is on your current reading list?





2 comments:

Barb said...

I went to Viroqua last fall to listen to Michael talk about this book. I have heard him many times. He is always refreshing. However, I haven't read this particular book yet. It is on my list. Currently I am reading The Fleece and Fiber Source Book. I find myself wanting each breed that I read about.....sigh.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

I just finished Visiting Tom....cried to reach the end of this story.
On my way to my office in Eau Claire, I found Tom's farm along I94--I said a quiet thanks to both Michael & Tom for allowing me to visit too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...