Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a wee bit of news...

I tend to share very little about my day-to-day work life
on this blog -- preferring it to be about life on our farm
or antiquing adventures.

However, I have a wee bit of news.
Back in 2003/2004 I had the opportunity to be part of a 21 member
Governor's Task Force
 that wrote a Quality Rating System for Child Care in Wisconsin.

Beginning in March --
I will help to lead the roll out of this system: YoungStar
in 10 counties in Western Wisconsin.

Wish me luck --
if we can first dodge any funding or budgetary issues...
this will be a big endeavor.

My mantra: 
 "May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back..."
Here we go!

P.S. I did ask that "Young" and "Star" be in my Job Title.
Wishes do come true --- Dream with your eyes open!


6 comments:

Jani said...

Congratulations Kari! Making that project work will not be easy and with the "gentlemen" in power in that domed building right now please don't forget to watch your back! But if anyone can bring empathy, understanding and relevance to the position, YOU can! Best of luck.
Jani

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Thanks, dear Jani...now fly snowbird...warm weather awaits you!
Safe travels.
Kari

kimmykats said...

I wish you well in your new endeavor. I along with all the country have kept a close eye on WI…having been a state employee for 32 years I know all about budget cuts!!

Artful Gathering said...

Congrats Kari, go girl!

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Thank you for your support - means a lot. I started packing up my current office in Independence today - my new office will be in Eau Claire. Still concerned with budgets -- perhaps this will be a non-starter. Have to move forward, but still fearful of being stopped before starting. 'Tis a difficult time we live in...but I would rather lead out of hope & promise than fear.
Kari

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

It is happening!! -- began my new position this past week -- wow -- lots to figure out -- our Western Wisconsin team joins teams in each region to make this happen...quite exciting to be on the ground level on something so significant.
And, I will travel 10 of the most beautiful counties -- several along the mighty Mississippi!

Feeling mighty lucky...
Kari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...