Sunday, March 25, 2018

bunnies

Yes, it is true that rabbits multiply ever so quickly - as was the
case with this collection of German Easter candy containers.
Created by a home craft industry in the 1890s, they were made
to hold candy, with the head made as a little cover.  Just this
year, several more of these bunnies have hopped home to our farm.

This large bunny started our collection.  I had always coveted these
containers, but they were generally priced outside of my budget.
So, when I spied this one in a waste basket at a thrift sale, I was 
quick to ask if I might lift her out and bring her home.  

This sweet sitting bunny was my most recent find.  I never fuss
if they have repair issues....that just meant a child had loved them.

This sweet bunny is smaller...this little friend has such a 
purposeful expression.  This one was an auction find.

These two bunnies were found in recent months at antique stores
for a reasonable price...if I find one for less than $30, it is mine!

There they all are on a bookshelf in our living room...my dear
little "hutch" of bunnies. 🐇💌

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...