Sunday, June 12, 2016

porching it

We are ever so lucky to have a large three season porch off the
summer kitchen.  With 12 windows, it offers sun & breeze.  One
of my vacation "to dos" was to refresh the porch with its mix of
second hand furniture.  Dave repainted the floor a forest green,
which highlighted my love for green in all of the shades of nature.
I threw an old blue floral comforter over the comfy couch and made
sure that bits of red, green, and blue were anchored with white.
With two ceiling fans, a place to grab the right shoes or boots when
heading out the door & tables for eating or setting loads on their 
way in or out...this is a versatile space.  Yesterday, we added buffalo
check valances in a perky shade of Apple green...I will add more of this
color as I nip & tuck over time.

As I type this, I hear the rustle of the breeze through our cottonwood 
tree, one of several pairs of wrens singing, and the melody of a farm
yard wind chime.  Porching it!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...