Sunday, June 19, 2011

ambition

I am a list maker...
even when not written down,
there is always a list hanging about in my head.

I like to check things off -
feel good about getting something done,
moving forward.

So - on days like today,
my list feels quite tiny:
1.  vacuum
2.  sweep the cottonwood cotton off the deck
See, the couch calls, a batch of popcorn & HBO calls, magazines call.
I almost wish it would rain to ease my guilt just a bit.

Guess I just may need to add to my list:
3.  put up your feet, sit a spell (it's O.K.)



How about you -- do you take time to just relax?

4 comments:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Went out to sweep the deck...when my answer arrived, Whisper. My little sweet kitten -- just about a year old -- she softy said, "sit with me". So I did.

Barb said...

I like the last entry on the list the best. It was nice of Whisper to come along and help you with that one.

Once my hubby leaves for bible camp with the church kids, I will sit down too. But with that sitting comes trying to figure out a mistake in my lace knitting. Oh, well, at least I'll be sitting. :O)

Cheryl in Wisconsin said...

All work and no play makes Johnny (or anyone else for that matter) a really cranky boy. I've learned this of myself recently. Down time is required whether all the work is done or not. The trick for me was to release the guilt that I gave myself.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

I know, I know -- I feel I am getting just more persnickity with age or perhaps a bit of OCD is setting in. Athough, I did chuckle this weekend -- thought of my mom's long ago favorite quote "my get up and go got up and went".

So - must admit -- sat for a bit...then hand mowed my entire backyard with a bagging mower to pick up cottonwood cotton -- took me two hours.

Just who I am:0) Want to just sit, need to just sit, but find it hard to just sit.
Kari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...