From my sweet Jani, Nan & Sarah (aka The Barn Cats)...
Box filled to the rim with thoughtful goodness.
Little girl from Sarah at my office...such joy.
Handmade pun-kin guy from Marie, (aka Old Lady Morgan).
Gorgeous hand crocheted lap blanket in Autumn colors left at my
Office by a teacher I work with.....Deb, it is beautiful!
A sweet bluebird salt gifted to me at the Barn Sale by Judy.
A charming kaleidoscope left on my porch by sweet Jeannine from Chicago.
An orchid from my kind friends at Satellite in Madison.
A pink rose left at the hospital by my college roommate, Darlene.
Just a bouquet of all the most recent thoughtful gifts.
And that doesn't include all the emails and cards or gifts received earlier in this journey.
I cannot say enough times that although illness brings such worry & change....
it also brings forth such rich blessings. What I have learned from my friends, from past & present coworkers, from neighbors near & far, from my Kindergarten friends to my college roommate, from my first co-teacher, to my sisters....both in blood & spirit, is that I am so lucky, so lucky.
Each day I feel better. Each day I feel stronger. You lift me up.
If you have followed along with my story, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July. I have had three surgeries: two unsuccessful lumpectomies this summer and a successful mastectomy this past Thursday. My pathology report Friday night finally came back cancer-free, my lymph nodes are clear.
I can now focus on recovery.
Through this unexpected journey, I have actually found so many blessings. I have met such brave women who are living through & with breast cancer...so brave. The statistics are significant, one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. The earlier the diagnosis, the better. I can say that I listened to my body...although I did not find a lump, I had been experiencing general fatigue and a bloody discharge. The medical team that stepped in after I called the warning signal, were nothing less than stoic & strong. When my doctor finally called with the positive news Friday night, I could hear the relief in his voice too. I am now, officially, a breast cancer survivor.
Our local Eau Claire, Wisconsin, paper came out in pink yesterday as this month is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I understand my surgery was actually on Breast Cancer Awareness Day. My message on a personal note is the same: Early Detection Matters!
Finally I need to share the true blessings that have filled my life during these past months...it is the generosity and kindness of family & friends. Some that I have known for years, some that I may only have recently met. I have felt such love & care, such love & care.....and that has been the silver lining in all of this.
Going pink ~~~ I will now wear that color with pride. It represents courage. It also represents compassion beyond measure. I will be forever thankful.
To each of you that ventured out this weekend for our Barn Sale.
To each of you that provided words & gifts of support & care.
To each of you that drove miles & miles to be here.
To each of you that waited to get in & then get out Saturday morning.
To each of you that never cease to surprise me with your generosity and love.
You lift me up on Autumn wings!
And I thank you.
Do check out Lisa's great blog, MaryJanes and Galoshes, for a wrap up & pictures from our Barn Sale....and get the dates for her upcoming vintage sale(s) in Dalton, Wisconsin -- first one is on November 9! MaryJanes and Galoshes
Not only will this beautiful upcoming weekend, October 12 & 13, 2013
be the Meadowview Farm Barn Sale......but it will also be a weekend of
Here are a few "sale seeds" to plant in your mind!
1. Barn Sale...find your super secret password to 10% off from 9-2 on Saturday in a post below.
2. Or arrive after 2:00 on Saturday, Oct. 12, for 20% off!
3. Or how about 30% off from 12-5 Sunday, Oct. 13?
4. Of course every little detail is to the right under "Chapters"- Barn Sale!
5. And, please find me at the Barn Sale (I will be wearing a green apron) for a special "Friend of Meadowview Farm" membership card that will always entitle you to 20% savings on any item(s) from my "SPY" booth and/or case at the Hixton Antique Mall. These can only be given to you by me.......my special gift to you as a thank you for your support!
6. If this was all not enough sales, I have kicked off a "clean out the Hixton Antique Mall Booth" -- Dealer "SPY" major megaroonie sale........50% off!
7. And to grease the wheel---Hixton will have their flea market this coming weekend too........for more about Hixton---head over to the right under "Chapters".
8. Finally, if you should see a piece of furniture in my booth or at the Barn Sale with a price over $100 or noted as "Display" and you are interested in it.......I will consider a reasonable offer. The mall has my number.
9. All proceeds from this year's sales will go toward my medical expenses.