Sunday, November 28, 2010

May I suggest...


If you are looking for a day's
Antiquing adventure
in Wisconsin,
might I suggest Hixton.

Hixton is a sweet small town located on Interstate 90/94 southeast of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. 
It is said to be midway between Madison and the Twin Cities.

This little town has four wonderful Antique Shops: 
Cobblestone Cottage
The Village Peddler
Miller's Antiques
The Hixton Schoolhouse Antique Mall

I sell at the latter.


The Hixton Schoolhouse Antique Mall
is open 7 days a week from 10-5.
It is a 90 dealer mall located in an old school.
I might guess it to be one of the largest in the state.
It is a wonderful treasure chest.


I have a room/booth and a case
-- dealer code "SPY".

My dealer code comes from many wonderful hours
spent reading the I SPY books with Ian.
And, as you might notice in the pictures of my booth,
I like lots of, shall we say, "details" (insert smile here).



Dave also has a case -- dealer code MD (Musky Dave).

You may even find Dave & I behind the counter,
as we work several days each month.

It you should go, tell them Kari sent you!


So, where is your favorite place to antique?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well where I live there aren't that many "antique" shops so I prefer the thift stores and ES. I stop by them when ever I need a fix. But then again there's a local inside FM and occassionally hit that. It's a long winter here but I do have lots of small projects to keep me busy.

Jani said...

We love Hixton and we have so many other favorite destinations. But lately so many of them have closed. We miss Milton and Reedsburg, and some favorites in Mt.Horeb. Still enjoy Columbus, Stoughton, the Dells, Rockford, Volo and Cedarburg. Always looking for new spots to discover and plunder. Madison has a number of good ones.
Jani

Artful Gathering said...

My favorite of course is HIXTON... so much shopping in one small town. Gotta love it...and it's only seven miles from home..yippie... And Kari..your booth and case are always my fav's..... I am hoping to go there this week one day after work.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Before we moved to Augusta, I would drive up to Hixton for a day of shopping -- so excited to arrive in this little antique mecca.

What I like is that it is a "Cheers" of sorts -- there are so many regular customers that stop by to just walk about and de-stress. And then there are the travelers, surprised to find a haven along the interstate. And finally there are the antiquers - they arrive ready for the hunt.

Kari

Diane said...

We always find treasures in Hixton. Your booth is the first one I head to. Columbus makes a good day trip. We also enjoy the Antiques Mall in Appleton as well as the one in Oshkosh. There is a great little Antique Mall in the small town of Pardeville not far from Columbus. Good variety of items and very friendly owners. The shops in Stillwater,MN used to be a great destination but sadly too many have been closed because the bldg is worth more used as land for condo construction. We are always looking for new places...will watch here for more suggestions.

Cheryl in Wisconsin said...

We hit Hixton on the way home from the last Barn Sale and were pleasantly surprised at the size of the Schoolhouse Antique Mall, the number of other cool stores in town, and of course we had to have lunch at the Blue Collar Cafe. The pricing at all the stores seemed very reasonable, making it even more enjoyable. (Loved your booth by the way.) I highly recommend Hixton to anyone reading this that has not been there yet. It's worth the trip.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Lisa aka "Sommers Breeze Antiques" is the original owner of the Pardeeville Antique Mall Diane noted above. Lisa now sells at the Columbus Antique Mall.

I agree with Jani, I do miss many of the antique malls that have closed along the way. Thank goodness for those that are still open & surviving/thriving. I can't imagine a month without at least one antique adventure! This weekend I am off to an auction - yea!

Kari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...