Wednesday, March 7, 2012

be in the moment

I recently received my April-May copy of Mary Janes Farm...with the theme for many articles - "smitten". Today I took a moment to look through it, and found the following excerpt from an article, "Smitten by a Farm" by Victoria Strauser: "I saw my first fireflies at the farm, and thought it must be a magical place for something so beautiful to choose to live there." Be in the moment, I said to myself. Last night as I tucked in the goats for the night, I came out of the barn to bird song...back again. Be in the moment, I said to myself. This morning I found two little girl kittens asleep on the porch, wrapped in each other's little arms. Be in the moment, I said to myself. We all collect magical moments when we are smitten. Perhaps they are songs from the tree tops, fireflies in the meadow or a soft loving look...and we know for that one moment all is indeed right in our world.

5 comments:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

I have concluded that I am both easily charmed and equally smitten by small moments.

When I live in the moment....in my moment, I feel an acceptance, a peacefulness....and that is indeed good.
Kari

Artful Gathering said...

Love this Kari!

Barb said...

I know the moon will be peeking in on me later. I love to wake up and see her face beyond my window.

Cheryl in Wisconsin said...

Kari, the site that you got that moon image from is awesome. Too bad I only understand about every 4th word. Which only goes to show, the pictures are universally enjoyable, and tell most of the story.

Sisters Treasures said...

What a great philosophy. It's a
"take time to smell the roses" moment and we should probably all apply that a little more to our hectic lives! Thanks for sharing, Kari.
Betsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...