Sunday, October 14, 2018

kindness connects

I like getting up early on Sundays to just ponder on things over
a cup of coffee in my cozy embrace of a home.  This morning,
I wrapped in an added layer of warmth...this autumn crocheted
coverlet.  This coverlet had arrived at the front desk of my office
five years ago from a client.  It was her way of passing on get well
wishes to me.  I was heading into my third surgery to attempt to
eradicate the evasive breast cancer that surgeries 1 & 2 had missed.


This morning as I wrapped myself in the warmth of Deb's sweet
kindness, I was reminded of all the love I received five years ago
from so many others.  It lifted me through hard days and still
fills my heart. 

Just like the care that went into crocheting each stitch of this 
coverlet, kindness connects.  In a world where you can be 
anything, be kind.  It matters!

P.S. On October 17, I will celebrate 5 years breast cancer free.
Early detection matters too! ❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...