Wednesday, December 11, 2013

full



As I left my office last night, later than I had hoped....
I thought about how much we try to accomplish at
this time of year.  We decorate, bake, wrap.....filling
each hour to the max.  And all of that on top of our
already busy lives.  We can lose something in the
sheer busy-ness of it all.  Perhaps that is why I so 
adore the quietude of the barn or the early morning 
hours--it is solace from the running.  It is just my time
to reflect, to unfill my mind & my overflowing schedule.  

I suppose that this is part of this time of year, to fill us up to this 
place where we have to overflow, where we have 
to stop & evaluate.  It is no wonder we end the year
with resolutions for the next.

Rather than wait, I resolve right now to be kind to myself. 
It is neither selfish or wrong....it is creating our own solace
when we need it.  It is saying "no" when we must, and "yes"
when we can.  It is choosing how full we can be.  

4 comments:

Jani said...

I'll second that... and third that, and ........

Primitive Stars said...

Oh ya, I agree.....Happy Holidays, love the picture to, Blessings Francine.

bettyj said...

Me too. I love this season and I am going to relax and enjoy it. What doesn't get done, doesn't get done.Merry Christmas.

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Kari, I am trying this year to relax more and enjoy! hugs to you my friend!!! Merry Christmas! OLM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...