Friday, August 1, 2014

room with a view



I quite adore a sweet view...so feel very lucky
that the row of Peegee Hydrangeas I planted about 5 years
ago provide a lovely view.  I try to plant off center so
that the view is accentuated not blocked.  
*Helps to have a sweet August Rose in the window too!*

Here is the same window from outside against 1857 brick.
Peegee Hydrangias turn a lovely pink as we enter Autumn.
And they dry quite beautifully too.  I ordered them as 
bare root stock and first planted in the spring.  They were 
planted a tad over a mower width from the house, so we can
mow behind & around.

And look what those beautiful Hydrangias hide...command central
(air conditioning unit & Dish Satellite).

 I did the same with our kitchen window, 
 with sunflowers....should be blooming soon.

Ah...a room with a floral view!  
What is your favorite view?



2 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I love hydrangeas! Janice

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

I love hydrangeas too and planted three vanilla strawberry between some viburnum. I grew two in CA in front of our North facing porch and they always bloomed so good. Still planning the backyard design but I do know I'll be including more. I'd love to dry some!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...