Saturday, January 5, 2013

if you wish

Often, as I walk up to the house from the barn, I look up to the night sky laid out above me. Always I seek certain constellations that have meaning....three stars in a row for the three Wind girls - me & my sisters. And then, just like a child, I search for a wishing star, one that you just know will take your secret wish into its heart. I stand out in the dark and cast out my wish, watching it float up and away.

As I get older, I find I wish for less, and rarely for myself. My wishes have become more focused
- little prayers I send up to that chosen star, send out to the world on the back of a dandelion seed, or say over & over in the quiet of night.

I don't tend to make resolutions.....I go straight for the wish route. And with a pinch of good will & a fair amount of dirt under the nails, I have seen them come true.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...