Sunday, January 23, 2011

An Ode To Hearts

I simply adore Valentine's Day!
I love everything about this celebration...
It takes me back to days as both a child and then as a teacher
-- decorating & then filling the Valentine "mailbox".

A day for friendship & love -- setting all else aside.

A day when words like "sweetheart" &  "dearheart" rule.


A day for red & white & bits of black.



A day for remembering
(the house numbers in the cup are from my childhood home).


Valentine's Day

Pure
Sweet
Endearing

A day for hearts...for sweetness...for love.





 
Do you decorate for this special day?

3 comments:

Barb said...

I'll be putting up a few wooden red hearts that I made years ago. My favorite Valentines gift was from my mom and dad when I was around 6 or 7 years old. It is a cotton hankie with a scalloped border and red hearts all over it. So many memories in something so simple!

Diane said...

yes, I like to add decor for every holiday. since red is my fav.color and I have a lot of it around you may not even notice the addition of the valentine things. Oh Kari, I was lucky enough to score a big bag of vintage bingo cards and tokens for just 2.00. thanks for the decorating idea in your photo. Now what to do with all of the rest of them I have. Any ideas?

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Barb...I love those dear & sweet & sentimental items that take us back to another time.

Diane...Bingo Cards are these little checkerboards that add just that right touch -- love them at Halloween too. I have always thought they would be really great used as a patchwork at the back of a cabinet -- or even lining a drawer.

Kari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...