Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I resolve...

Tick Tock     Tick Tock     Tick Tock
The final days of 2010 are here.
In our minds, we create our "best of" and "worst of" lists for this year.
We resolve to have more "best ofs" in 2011.
Tick Tock     Tick Tock     Tick Tock

Tick Tock
My very first job out of college was teaching Nursery School  in Madison.

I learned many lessons from working with young children: 
patience, joy and that my right knee on my pants always wore thru (from getting down to the child's level)!
I learned many lessons from working with my co-teacher:
Nancy taught me about organization, intentional planning and that you should always set your bar high.

It was also at Tenney Nursery & Parent Center that I learned the essential rules for life;
Take care of yourself.
Take care of each other.
Take care of our world.

I can resolve to do better at this --even a little better counts.

How about you?  What lessons do you take into this new year?
What wishes are you making?

3 comments:

Diane said...

Happy New Year Kari - one of your Barn Sale Treasures was gifted to me at Christmas! It is that cute white/red metal veg. bin with diamond shaped breath holes on the side and the lift up lid. Do you remember it? Can't wait to find just the right spot for it and to fill it up with my treasures. And for 2011 my goal is to be more of a "glass 1/2 full vs. glass 1/2 empty" kind of person. Positive thoughts over negative ones. I am positive I can do it. Best wishes for a wonderful 2011 to you and yours. Diane

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Oh Diane...yes I loved that little red & white cabinet -- how wonderful that it is yours and that it was a gift --- love that!

I so agree with your 2011 goal -- I recently was sharing how I sometimes feel bipolar (I am not --just a wee bit OCD)...anyway, sometimes I am on the top of the world, sometimes on the bottom. I do think that using a "glass 1/2 full" perspective always wins.

The Happiest of New Years to you!
Kari

Barb said...

Well, we are pretty close to "Tock". I hope you have a very nice evening and a Great New Year. It has been a pleasure getting to meet you and to know you through your blog.

Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...