Tuesday, February 4, 2014

never quite the same



I made a pact with myself to let this blog be a 
Cancer-free zone this year.  After 2013, I wanted 
to just move on to normal. I don't need sympathy,
don't want folks uncomfortable, just want normal.
Wanted to close that year, be done with it.

But the fact is, as much as my life will never again be kitty-free
or antique-free or farm-life-free, it also will not be cancer-free...
because that is just my new normal.
  

There are things I hide each day--- 
I am rocking the Martha Stewart button shirt with long 
scarves look that hides my missing body parts.
I try to not work less or give less, hiding the tired that 
awaits at 8 p.m. each night.  Attempting to itch my back
with arm muscles that are still healing even makes me
chuckle... 

It was just recently that I realized that I should embrace this new normal.
I pulled out the pin my big sis sent me...a pink ribbon encrusted in sparkle.
Way more bling than I am used to, but that was the old Kari. This new gal
can rock that look too!

Today is World Cancer Day.
Today with a world wide voice we ask for a cure.

6 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

You are a survivor my friend, wear that girlie girl pin proudly, you do Rock!!!!!!!! Hugs Francine.

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

Kari, this is your blog and you can write about whatever you need to. Even cancer. Or kitties. :) Like Francine said, you are a survivor!

Teresa said...

I hear you on your wishes to leave all the yuck back in 2013. It does find a way to always tag along though, doesn't it? Good for you for embracing your new normal and all that comes along with it, Kari!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Keri, I hear ya! Move on and don't look back! Yes, there are things that may never be the same...but joy of the Lord is our strength...and we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! Blessings and prayers~~~Roxie

Full Circle Creations said...

Here's to finding a cure and for kicking cancer's rear end! Rock that sparkly pin because you deserve it!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Kari, Oh yes... the new normals! Hugs!!! and so glad my friend is cancer free!!! Stay warm!! OLM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...