Friday, February 1, 2013

in the wee hours...

In those early hours between dusk & dawn, I often evaluate, reflect & plan. Going over the past day's events or the next often helps me organize my thoughts while lulling me back to sleep. These lists are my sheep....I count them until my eyes again close.

Last night I realized that we had accomplished well beyond our share during this new year. My work life seemed in better order, with an office clean-up to end the month. At home, we had organized closets, given & replaced clothing and come well beyond the half way mark in two large projects: our upstairs hallway & bathroom. We enter February with the goal in sight. Soon the final dust will settle. Soon we will walk through rooms without concern of bumping into displaced furniture. Soon I will add all my sweet details, embellishing these rooms with their own personality - again. Then on we will march to the next on our list....

In the wee hours, all is right in my little world, so I indeed savor the stillness. In my mind I cross off items & smile to add a few more.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...