Sunday, December 16, 2012

words to live by...

We turn during times of tragedy to words of comfort, faith, support.....as an Early Childhood Educator, I often turn to words of one of my heros, Mr. Rogers:

"When I was a little boy, and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me "Look for the helpers.  You will always find people who are helping."  To this day, especially in times of 'disaster', I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by knowing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in the world."

So we look to the helpers:
  • Teachers who protected, who read to children while bullets rang out, who decided that their care, their words, would be wings over the children.  These are the wings of angels.
  • The faith of a nation, rising with prayer for families grieving unbearable loss.  Reaching out to shattered innocence with compassion.
  • A resonating "ENOUGH" rising through our country...calling for control of rights.  We all have a First right to safety....and the safety of our youngest, our weakest.  This trumps all other rights, just does. 
As a parent, in my wish for my son's life, being helpful was on the top.  We need helpers......more then anything else in this world, we need helpers.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...